Tiny Hope


I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. Nestled among some smaller rocks, with steady waves crashing amongst the larger rocks next to it, was a tiny urchin shell. 

Delicate to the minutest detail and fragile like no other shell on this rocky beach. Yet, as I picked it up, there was not a single fracture or chip in its perfection.

I smiled. 




Isn’t that like God? To first create something with such fine artistry, fill it with life, then set it on a mission. 

Somehow, this tiny one hadn’t made it far, but even so, it was here for me to find as a reminder that God is in the details. 

If He created a sea creature with its own purpose, will He not do even more for his people?
                        



Oh yes, and He will also find us when we feel washed ashore among the cold rocks. 

He will be the one to pick us up, smile, and declare, “Oh precious one, I created you and will always care for you.”

So, this tiny shell reminds me of the hope I have.

Even when I feel small, terribly fragile, and the world feels uncertain and evil at times, I have a big God who holds me in his hand. Just as He holds you.




"It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not."
Gandalf, the Fellowship of the Ring J.R.R. Tolkien








"So let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive his mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need."  Hebrews 4:16

                     

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?

The Quiet Dad