Breaking Up Was Easy

I didn’t realize our relationship was so broken until I was left holding the pieces. 

It was then that I finally realized how controlling you really were. You made me feel like I had to have you with me everywhere I went. 

I couldn’t leave the house without you. Of course, it also meant that you’d be clinging to me even if I did try and sneak off by myself. 


I’ve read about relationships like ours....it starts out normal, but then gradually the one in control manipulates every aspect of life together....even during sleep.

You made me feel guilty with your testy reminders that I wasn’t doing enough for you. As if YOU were the only one that mattered. 

Freedom from you is the best thing that’s happened to me. This social isolation we're going through is hard, but your control of me has been worse. I just didn’t see it until now. 

Enough. I’m breaking up, and I’m not coming back. I already feel free of your bondage. 






And you can just keep all of those cheesy badges, fake golden trophies, and my steps that you tracked, Fitbit.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?

The Quiet Dad