Summer of '21

 


How will you remember the summer of ‘21? Oh, there were plenty of tough headlines:

  • Record-breaking heat waves 
  • Devastating wildfires. 
  • Tropical storms 
  • Tragic deaths from flash floods
  • Record breaking Covid delta infections. 
  • Government mandates: No Jab No Job.

And the tragic stories from Afghanistan heightened our awareness that here in America we are still incredibly fortunate. Afghans are desperate to live, and I can take my easy life for granted.


I’ll remember those tough summer of 2021 stories, but I also wrote my own: 


I enjoyed every family visit. 

I hugged longer.

I loved with more purpose.


I also joined some hardworking volunteers who built a greenhouse for our community kids. They are learning how to plant good seeds and take care of them.


But I'm also seeing seeds of hope planted in these kids. Perhaps they can grow up to be problem solvers—maybe solving some problems like we faced in the summer of  ’21.


Will they? That’s what planting seeds of hope can inspire. 


Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?

The Quiet Dad