Friday the Thirteenth Nightmare

I might as well contribute to the stigma of Friday the 13th. I have an eerie sense that life as we know it, isn’t going to be the same for much longer. Perhaps I feel doomed because I read too much. Way too much.

It starts with one article then it leads to another and then I cross-reference, check sources, and soon, a whole evening has been spent. It’s the kind of reading material that doesn’t lend itself to sweet dreams.

Recently I came across an article describing the best places to live in the upcoming economic collapse. I checked to see if it was written by some whack job. It wasn't. I couldn’t resist reading it. It asked, Where do you want to live “when” (not if) the economy totally falls apart? 




I scanned the noted pitfalls of certain geographical locations, avoiding population centers, crime-ridden locales, regions that are too cold or too hot, not enough water, or are natural disaster prone.


Newlywed poor man's gardening


Is that really what it looks like “when the economy totally falls apart”? I used to farm, so I know which end of the hoe to use—but what about my million neighbors in greater Seattle? What are they going to do?

The article says we must have a P-L-A-N. The author admits most Americans live in or near major cities. They suggest finding a better place to live and work. But hurry up and make sure there’s a job where you are heading. That sounds promising.

America has faced challenges before, but this time it seems as though it’s an attack from all sides. While I agree with the idea of advance planning—I don’t think most of our population is going to prepare for any disaster-- natural, financial or other.


My folks during an unemployed phase
That leaves it up to people like you and me to make plans and hope we are able to help. Freaky, I know. Exactly the kind of news for Friday the 13th.


However, I am sensing this is one those God-given opportunities to test what's really in my heart. So, I'll go ahead and prepare for the worst and hope for the best--and be ready to help others.


1 John 3:17 Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God's love is not living in that person.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Sexy Selfies: Posting for attention

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?