For the love of Flip Phones




Okay, I am one of those die hard, hold outs, who clings to an ancient flip phone for my communications. 

No, I cannot ask my phone questions, or view cute videos. Nor can I do my banking, emails, post selfies, or Facetime family and friends. 




Yes, I am in the dark ages of digital communications.

Smartphone users have the latest and the greatest. Me, not so much. But I am happy on my lonely island.




But Nokia just announced…..hold onto your ever loving smartphone…..they are reintroducing their dumb phone.










There are enough people who desire a phone with a battery life longer than a few hours.


(such as for those top-of-the-mountain phone calls to relay to loved ones that you are safe....)








People are tired of broken screens and want to carry a virtually indestructible, compact phone.





And then there’s this—the latest iPhone 8 will be retailing for ONE GRAND. 

I am sorry smartphone users, that must really hurt. The new Nokia is going to retail for under seventy bucks. 








Recently a young friend wondered if she really needed a smartphone and all of its distractions anymore. She longed for the simple life. One friend commented that they’ll have to pry his flip phone out of his dead fingers before switching. I can relate.

I’ve never been one to be early to the latest thing. But it looks like more folks are coming back to the flip phone.

Welcome. There’s room on my primitive island.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Sexy Selfies: Posting for attention

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?