Boundless Challenge Anniversary

Last July I embarked on the Boundless Summertime Challenge. It was intended for young people beginning their journeys into adulthood.  But I hoped to kick-start my faith walk. I'm certainly at life’s halfway point so I looked where I’d been and how I wanted to finish my race.

The daily Challenge assignments pointed out how we battle similar things at different times in our life. When the Challenge ended, I was motivated to live with greater purpose.

We were also asked to memorize Romans 12. Several verses are stark reminders of my weakest links. So as I celebrate my Challenge anniversary, I reviewed my progress. God knows I’m still at work and he continues to shine his light on where I am and where I need to go.

Romans 12:2 Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking.

My age doesn’t give me immunity to the constant barrage of input confronting me.  So I’m choosy with what I read, watch, and do. Thought control leads to self-control.



Romans 12:3 Do not think you are better than you are.

My selfishness was prominently exposed throughout the Challenge. Now every morning I ask God to give me someone else to think about.






Romans 12: 9 Your love must be real. Hate what is evil, and hold on to what is good.

My heart has become more sensitive to suffering—from war-torn victims, to the jobless, hopeless and hurting. My compassion needs to become action to help.



Romans 12:12 Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times.

No one wants trouble. But even if things are bad, I can pray. One prayer that will always be answered “yes” is a prayer for strength.












Romans 12:21 Do not let evil defeat you, but defeat evil by doing good.

Evil is prevalent. The hard part is remembering the power that good can do.






The closer I get to the finish line the less time I have to complete all I hope to do. Even though the Bible describes it as our race, God is only concerned with how I run, it's not about who’s in the lead. I've finally seen that it's more than just getting to the finish line, it's the kind of life I live and the others I can bring along too.


Hebrews 12...And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Sexy Selfies: Posting for attention

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?