Personal Trainer




I’ve been visiting a personal trainer for about a year. She’s much younger than I am, but she doesn’t let me use age as an excuse to slow down. 

Thankfully, she did give me time to adapt to the workout routines. I already know I’ll never master the kind of flexibility she has. Not to mention her boundless energy.

But here we are, face to face, for our weekly session. She’s ramping it up. I guess she figures I’m in better shape after all the work she’s done to get me ready. 

It’s a combination of floor exercises followed by running. She directs. I follow. There’s not much of a break between the exercise sets. 

After what seems like less than two minutes off, she gives me that smile that says, enough rest, it’s time to get moving—and she starts running. 

I follow close behind. The interesting thing, is that all of this training has made it easier to keep up, and when she looks back to see where I am, I smile because I’m right behind her.

I highly recommend getting a personal trainer like mine. She’s high octane, encouraging, and keeps me moving. 

As a bonus, I can visit her as often as I’d like at no cost, because she’s my granddaughter.




Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Sexy Selfies: Posting for attention

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?