Yes, I’m a Karen

It's only appropriate that my name is now officially associated with a “white lady” complainer. I stand convicted because I have blog posts that would rank right up there with “Let me speak to your manager.” 

Complaining is easy for me. Finger pointing even more so. Calling it like I see it is my native language. 

 

So, when someone pulls a Karen, I just nod my head understandingly. It’s who I am. Well, I’d like to think that’s how I used to be.

 

Having a negative attribute named after me is a not-so-subtle reminder that character flaws are real. I cringe  every time I read another real life Karen episode. 


While my old blog posts indict me for my white privileged selfishness, I’m sure others can recall some of my obnoxious words that revealed an entitled and spoiled perspective. 


I’m sorry for those posts and words. I also ask forgiveness from those I offended along the way.

 

Even though I am a Karen that qualifies for senior discounts, I’m not too old to change. And I hope that during these past few years, I have changed for the better. But, because social media has attached this fiendish attribute to my name, it’s fair to call me out if I’m being THAT Karen. I’m still in Selfishness Recovery, so it requires accountability.

 


Every morning I ask God to help me be a better Karen than I was yesterday. I just don’t want to recognize myself in any Karen antics. God knows we need less of that Karen in our world.

 

 

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

 

A gentle answer will calm a person’s anger, but an unkind answer will cause more anger. Proverbs 15:1

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?

The Quiet Dad