“I’m sorry I’m running behind,” my doctor apologized as she rushed in. I assured her it was fine. Since I was only her second appointment of the day it didn’t bode well for the rest of her busy day ahead. She added, “We just don’t have enough MA’s (Medical Assistants). It seems like no one wants to work anymore.” She sighed and sat down.

So, those who are working, work harder because they’re having to cover for those not working.


I went to a coffeeshop to get a gift card for a friend. The sign said: Sorry, we’re closed due to lack of employees.  No gift card and no business at a time when sales matter.



A walk downtown revealed more Help Wanted signs, and another store with shorter business hours due to lack of workers.


A reader board announced job openings at our local school. How can we help students catch up if we can’t fill staff positions?


You’ve probably seen signs like this: Please be patient, we’re understaffed.


I hope industry comes back to America—I’m not just referring to the manufacturing industry, but to the work we all do to help everyone else’s day to go better. I don’t think we will really recover from the pandemic until we do.




Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming the Dream

Sexy Selfies: Posting for attention

Wild or Tame? Which One Are You?